Thursday, November 28, 2013

Bailey's Range - 11/26/2013

Bailey's Range was a disappointment for this girl.  The service was terrible, the food was cold and tasteless.  The company, however, was great.  Wendy's brother was in town and joined us providing me an opportunity to hone my interrogation skills.  He is a very interesting person who left STL for places west without a job or a house.  To me, what he did was extremely brave and provided me with a lot of questions.
 
Back to the food:
Wendy had been told that the onion rings were great and they did look good on the web.  They arrived looking a lot like the picture except that ours were soaking in oil.  The onions have a smokey flavor and although the outside is like a typical onion ring, the actual onion is still on the crispy side and for our tastes could have used a little more cooking time. 
 
The fried pickles were good and the sauce they were served with was interesting.  They easily could have been the highlight.
 
Wendy had a buffalo burger, Andy had the Mediterranean (lamb burger) that he said was good and included a spicy sauce that he enjoyed, and I had the Ahh Jamn Burger - a beef burger with cheddar and bacon jam.  My burger, except for the almost weightless bun (made in house) it was served on lacked flavor and after having Bacon Jam at Three Kings in the Loop that was amazing, I was let down.
 
Wendy also ordered the chili which was thick, but spice less and we asked for a sample of the Beet Soup which intrigued us, but once the server decided that she would try to get us a sample, we were glad that we hadn't ordered the watery broth with chopped beets.

Andy tried the pretzels with a great cheese sauce, the Mr. Q Cucumber soda (I love cucumbers and it would be a perfect thirst quencher on a hot St. Louis night) and because Bailey's has a large drink menu and I wanted to try the Bourbon Basil Tea, Andy - probably wanting to stop my non stop questioning, ordered the drink to share with me.  It was great, but I am of the mind that anything with Bourbon should be good. 

For dessert we had the house made ice cream.  Not nearly as good as Fountains on Locust.

Sorry, Bailey's Range, you won't be on my list of have to return to restaurants.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment